Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Southwest Stirfry

As you will see with many of my recipes, I end up at the store, not sure what I am going to make for dinner, and looking for inspiration. Sometimes it works out really well, as it did last night with this quick dinner that I put together.

1 lb Top Round steak, cut very thin against the grain
1/2 of an onion, sliced thinly
1 bell pepper, sliced thinly (make sure you remove all the seeds)
8 oz of sliced mushrooms
2 tsp hot sauce
2 cloves of garlic crushed or minced
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chili pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

The way I made this meal was to cut up the onion and bell pepper into long thin strips. Then taking my deep frying pan, add olive oil to bottom and put over medium high heat. Put the onion and bell peppers into the pan, with lid on, to help them start to cook and soften up, stirring occaisionally. I then sliced the meat, and added it to the pan, removing the lid, to allow the resulting sauce to thicken up. I then added the remaining ingredients, and stirred it every few minutes until the meat was cooked and I had a nice sauce develop.


Spoon into bowls and serve, for a complete One Pot Meal. For those insisting on getting some carbs with the meal, (like my wife), use salad tongs to load up corn tortillas to make some delicious tacos. Add sour cream and grated cheese, and they should be extremely pleased.

3 comments:

  1. I made this last night. It came out well. I think that this would do great in the crock pot. That would also cause the meat to be very tender. Thanks Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am sorry that this was your last post. Am loving all your recipes and wish there were more! :0D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused, Dave. I'm new to this but I thought paleo is grain and dairy free yet you're suggesting adding corn tortillas, sour cream and grated cheese...?
    Posted by Dave at 10:51 AM

    ReplyDelete