Saturday, July 11, 2009

Speghetti Paleo Style

Been craving some good speghetti. Not the noodles, just that very savory taste of the meat, spices and tomato sauce.

So when I was in Costco, I happened to see Dave's Gourmet Red Heirloom Organic Pasta Sauce. With a name like that, I knew it had to be good. =) As the name implies, it is organic, with lots of vine ripened heirloom tomatoes that are original strains, (no genetic engineering here). So I chose that as my base, (rather than trying to make my own).

As simple a meal as you can cook:

1lb of lean hamburger
3 cups sliced mushrooms
1 Jar of Dave's Sauce, (or approximately 3 cups of pasta sauce)
1/2 tsp crushed bay leaves


Brown hamburger in a skillet with a little salt and pepper to taste. Drain grease. Add sauce and bay leaves, stirring occaisionally, and let simmer for a few minutes. Then add sliced mushrooms, and let simmer just long enough for mushrooms to soften just a bit.

Then scoop out and serve in a bowl. Filling and savory, a great change of pace from what I have been eating on my paleo diet. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment